Tuesday, August 18, 2009

NEW BLOG INTRO

OK.

I thought now, as I am feeling better rested, I might try a few things.

I remember the first time FB shut me down, one of my best and most loyal friends here was ready to go into bat for me with FB- to rally forces on my behalf- and it was one of the most touching things I have ever witnessed.

And the most touching thing of all was that she felt I was a ‘stayer’- that I had some depth and breadth to me, some sustainability in terms of my blog, and that I wasn’t just a ‘fly by nighter’.

And that moved me.

And I think, for better or worse, she is right, because I not only feel a commitment to this blog (or rather these blogs plural) and the people who read them, but I enjoy doing it. It never feels like a trial, or a burden.

I enjoy it. My material might not all be useful, or valuable, but it IS truthful, and that- in my humble opinion- is one of the most interesting features of a blog.

It distinguishes it from a book, or other work of art.

I might not always be on the money. Occasionally my blogs are not up to scratch. People told me you are not going to be able to sustain one daily blog, let alone two.

True, it is not easy, but it is not as hard as I imagined, either.

I did not expect to be still enjoying it this much, or be looking forward to getting back into it while I should be taking it easy, on vacation.

This, BTW, is the type of blog I would file under ‘Bastard Files’; my occasional random thoughts, not always to do with my man’s work.

That will be filed under ‘Bastard Watch’, as I originally intended.

So, what I might do later today, is drive into town, go to the library, buy a half hour or hour block on the net, and load the two blogs, and see what you think.

I guess, as I have been thinking this through, the thing that encourages me is that I seem to have so much to say. I am writing something like 20 pages a day of all the things I ever wanted to say, and this seems as good a place as any to air my thoughts and views, and daily meditations and devotions, and responses to ‘current event’…local, national, and international.

I would not even bother if I thought I was all dried up.

The truth is, in fact, I still have so much to say, and looking over my work so far, and my notes, I have only scratched the surface.
Provided I don’t die, I feel as though I have at least another six months worth of material left in me.

At least.

I might not load each blog daily, like today…perhaps I could stagger it.

Alternate between ‘Bastard Watch’, and ‘Bastard Files’.

Maybe take a daily trip into the library, load one blog one day, and the other the next. Which would make six blogs per week, and one day of rest.

Does that sound fair?

Let me know, and see what you think.

Or we can try it awhile, and see how it takes.

Oh, and ‘Bastard Watch’ will be black type on white background format, as has been the tradition, and ‘Bastard Files’ will be as you see today, on black background.

Just to distinguish the two.

And what will ‘Bastard Files’ actually consist of?

It will seldom deliberately be the developmental work of the other blog, which deals mainly with historical matters, placed in a contextual framework to help me make sense of who I am, where I am now.

This blog will more often deal with the here and now. It will most likely be things I have to get off my chest. Burning issues, current events, etc.

More tomorrow…

1 comment:

  1. Lookin' good, John. It's nice in here. I love what you've done with the place.

    Am a big fan of the here and now...I'm reserving the lounge over there in the corner...it's mine ------->

    Ok?

    ReplyDelete